An older gent steals a jade statuette from Burmese savages and finds himself cursed. The same fate is shared by an adulterous war-photgrapher taking a break from the Vietnam War in Thailand. The war scenes are excellent stuff, seeing as they make it clear that the Vietnam War primarly consisted of tanks firing at each other in large open fields and WW2-like beach landings. The film also features the usual share of vomiting and eating of worms, odd things that explode and love affairs in Thailand. I'm not entirely sure what's up with Blood Sorcery. The ending is utterly abrupt and leaves much to be desired when it comes to explaining how (and whether) the chaps actually defeated the vengeful Burmese father. Luckily, the neat music that followed the nonsense in question, made me forget about minor issues such as plot. Mostly though, it is an oddly sober and coherent film, but at the same time it manages to be a film about Burmese death curses and ever-bleeding wounds. In form the film is more reminiscent of the more boring black magic entries, rather than mad balls-to-the-walls features like Eternal Evil of Asia. Still, there's something about Blood Sorcery that keeps you watching, at least I don't regret giving it a go!

I am looking forward this movie since years ago. Do you know how get it? I think there isn´t any Blood Sorcery´s DVD Edition.
ReplyDeleteYour blog is great... and full of cult films!
Greetings from Spain
Thanks, I'm glad that you like it!
ReplyDeleteAs for Blood Sorcery, there is a quite watchable rip of a VCD floating around on the web. I am doubtful that Blood Sorcery will be released on DVD anytime soon (or at all), seeing as the market for such a release is miniscule...