I grabbed a copy of this as it had Wong and lightning bolts on the cover. As an added bonus I had never heard of it before and it does not seem to be on IMDb. I set my expectations to zero and stepped into the world of bad cantosynth soundtracks. Thou Shall Not Commit opens with a cheap as sin Dick Dale cover of sorts, and has one of the lousiest soundtracks I've heard in a while. The movie is about adultery obviously and is a bad one at that too. An unknown narrator's wife and her lover dies in a ludicrous hostage situation at the beginning of the film, before the film skips to the killer getting released from jail a few years later. The killer is taken in by Wong, who claims to know his dad. They bond and from hereon most of the film is told through flashbacks. Of course the film has "twists" and yawns luring around every bend, with cheap editing to boot. It sort of feels like one of those overly convoluted and poorly executed film student flicks. It ain't all bad, but it isn't a mystery why this thing isn't on IMDb either. An odd duck.

No comments:
Post a Comment