The Keep (1983) - Michael Mann


Up until recently I was completely unaware that Michael Mann had made a flick about nazis resurrecting an ancient demon. Apparently everyone else and their mother had seen this thing too, so I figured I should give it a go. The vibe and feel of The Keep is pretty amazing actually. The sets, effects and, perhaps most importantly, the music is all bloody great. Honestly, who doesn't love watching demons make nazis explode? Reading a plot synopsis of this thing marked it as a potential favorite, however the film falls flat on its face when it comes to the story. You are stuck thinking that half of the scenes are missing from the film or something, seeing as all characters behave irrationally, appear out of nowhere and do weird shit. I have nothing against weird shit to be honest, but lots of the stuff going on in The Keep would benefit a lot from being explained (eg. who the fuck is the hero in this thing?). Even though the flick is all sorts of incomprehensible, I sort of adored it.

No comments:

Post a Comment