Rape and Die (1983) - Lee Wing-Cheung


I can't remember why I wanted to watch this flick, but the title is probably at least partly to blame. Rape and Die is a complete mess of a film, and while I didn't expect a masterpiece, I didn't expect this either. Rather than a snoreinducing, softcore CatIII effort, I was presented with a confusing triad, coming-of-age, social drama with rapey elements. A poor girl is struggling as her mom is a prostitute, her stepdad is a creepy rapist and her father sleeps with her classmates. She attempts to solve her problems by becoming a prostitute herself, but that somehow manages to make her life even more shitty. Features the seediest backalley abortion clinic I've seen, ludicrous disco dancers and weed as a rapedrug. In the end the moral of the story is something along the lines of "threat your mother right". An odd but mostly uninteresting film.

No comments:

Post a Comment