I have a weird feeling of deja vu. The smug face of Herman Kwan, a bunch of actors ive seen before and dudes going to thailand gettings cursed by scorned thai chicks. I'm positive that I've seen parts of this before, but perhaps I gave up on it the last time. I gues the deja vu could be explained by the fact that this movie features the exact same cast and was shot the same year as Devil Sorcery, as well as a plot we've seen a thousand times before... HK cop gets cursed by lusty thai babe, screwing with his life after he returns to HK. As the babe starts stabbing voodoo dolls, our shitty protagonist begins hallucinating at work, eating roosters at night and his hands turns werewolfy from time to time. All classic symptoms of a Devil Curse! The devil in question is some sort of dumb doll stuck in a bird cage. If only our moron protagonist had listened to the wisdom of Herman Kwan, this whole movie could have been avoided. It is a pretty basic black magic affair, but a rather dull one at that. Culminates with the classic scenario ofHerman Kwan vs. evil Thai wizard. Also, features krasue, Herman Kwan's daughter messing with horny ghost cops, weird doll shenanigans, mannequin love and some cop drama involving a lowlife called "Doggy". I generally agree with how some dude on hkmdb described Devil Curse - "Mostly alternates between dull and confusing, with minimal entertainment value." It could have been far worse though, and the final duel is sort of funky.

No comments:
Post a Comment