Tetsuo (1989) - Shinya Tsukamoto


"Tetsuo" is one of those movies that is a tad too mainstream for the programs I try to put together here, but that I end up streaming anyways because it's bloody awesome. It had been a few years since I saw this and I must admit I liked it even more this time around. It's a difficult film to describe in many ways, but I don't think calling it "the "Eraserhead" of its decade" is completely wrong. The visual quality and strangeness of it all is similar to what we find in Lynch's film, but the energetic pace is definitely from the 80s/a taste of the 90s. I would also dare say that "Tetsuo" has a lot in common with silent cinema. Just have a look at the  acting in the scene with the drill-penis. Anyways, it's a film that doesn't need much of an introduction - I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment