The Imp (1996) - Ivan Lai Gai-Ming


Before I watched this I was told The Imp was mediocre shit and not really worth a look. While I can understand the reasoning behind such a description, I managed to enjoy myself while watching this. A reporter starts having visions of her twin sister getting murdered and sets off to a mountain "village" to investigate. The village consists of a shitty hotel, a temple of sorts and is surrounded by a jungle or something. It's not entirely clear where we are supposed to be, seeing as there are wild savages living nearby which the subtitles keep referring to as "aboriginals". The journalist teams up with a movie crew shooting a documentary in the area and tons of sex ensues. There's sex, nudity or something a long those lines every five minutes basically and barely room for plot at times. The plot is paper thin though, so no worries there. Watchable slasher junk with ridiculous madmen, backyard labiaplasty, gimps and plenty of blue lighting. More fun than the purely sex-based catIIIs at least. Made by the dude who did The Blue Jean Monster!

No comments:

Post a Comment