Exciting Dragon (1981) - Chui Chun-hing


Having heard that Exciting Dragon was as enjoyable as Taoism Drunkard, it was obvious that I had to check it out at some point. Somehow I had missed out on the fact that the Yuen clan were involved with both of these productions though, and ended up loving Exciting Dragon as well. Actually I had missed out on the fact that there was such a thing as the Yuen clan in general, even though I've seen lots of flicks starring and/or made by them. A whiny man-boy named "Doggy", his grandmother (played by Sheng Chiang of the Venoms) and Doggy's fiancée ("Miss Piggy"), ends up getting in trouble as they own the "Seven Star Armour". This armour is sought after by a mad band of villains consisting of: (1) a mute, red-haired muscleman, complete with a candle/flame thrower on his head, (2) a dude with a decapitation device/human saw-blade car and (3) generic laughing boss-villain with gold outfit and mechanic extendo-fist (Phillip Ko!). Magic galore, tons and tons of raunchy jokes, a dude in a magic Taoism land-boat battles the previously mentioned saw-blade car, an eccentric uncle invents photography and Doggy whines incessantly. Fucking amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment