I've loved this poster for ages, but up until recently I had no idea what flick it was actually for. The poster does have some sort of depraved and messed up SM-vibe going for it though (look, the artist even took his time to draw tears!), so I reckoned Nikkatsu might have had something to do with it. Turns out as I was right, seeing as this is the poster for Binzume Jigoku/Hell in a Bottle. Someone had been so kind to make a rip of the Nikkatsu laserdisc, so I gave it a whirl. I'm really unsure what I was expecting from this to be honest, what I got was a late and utterly dull Nikkatsu Roman production anyways. I should mention that this thing didn't have subs and that I sort of fast-forwarded through it, so I might have missed out on some of the finer nuances of the story. Pixelated sex is the main narrative element here and there is quite a lot of it. Eventually someone ends up in a bottle, then there's some more pixelated sex and the film ends. Things to be aware of: the bottle is too large to enable a fit as snug as the one on the poster, the film features very little crying and at no point do we encounter any octopodes.

No comments:
Post a Comment