Taxi Hunter is basically the HK version of Falling Down - with taxis. Anthony Wong stars as a timid and kind family man, who ends up loosing said family when a taxi driver runs over his pregnant wife. Needless to say Wong is pissed off and starts executing taxi drivers in no-nonsense fashion. However, shit gets complicated once his cop brother-in-law goes undercover to track down the killer. I loved this flick, despite a couple of flaws. The most important of these being Ng Man-tat as one of the worst comic reliefs in the history of cinema. Seriously, it's like Rob Schneider in Judge Dredd but with some extra bonus-awfulness... I had almost forgotten how entertaining some of these CatIII efforts could be to be honest. While Taxi Hunter actually is a CatIIb flick, it has Anthony Wong losing his marbles and going ballistic. It basically plays out like the rest of his 90s revenge/psycho flicks (also, I lack an appropriate category for it). Wong + Yau = Rad

No comments:
Post a Comment